Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Success!

I found a class at the University! And I might actually succeed in it!


It was a little suspenseful-- I was almost late because I couldn't find the room. You see, at this university, the building is not quite connected to itself. I was in the right building, looking at map so I could find the room, but every time I walked toward where it should have been, there was a wall. It turns out that, even though it is in the main building, you have to exit the main entrance and go through a side entrance to get to this classroom. This section of the building doesn't appear to be connected to the rest.


When my friend Liz and I got there, there was a good number of people the room and pretty much no one in the front two rows. Liz isn't a shy girl (if you knew her you'd know what an understatement this is), so she just walked on in and sat in the front. I'm glad we did-- when the professor started talking, he was realllly quiet.


The class, translated, is called "The lives, legends and teachings of the founders of major religions". It's a twelve week seminar covering Buddha, Confucius, Moses, Jesus and Mohammed. After talking to the professor, we found that the only thing we have to do in this class to get a grade is to either give a ten minute presentation or take a final exam. Naturally, we have to do all the reading (20-30 pages a week) and participate in class, but it looks like I can succeed here.


Score one for Ingrid.

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I saw your last post was in 2010, but I have a question: did you do Way State Junior Year Munich at LMU? I was accepted into this program, but I am far from being fluent and thus I am growing increasingly nervous. If you have any advice please get back to me. Best, Blake

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I saw your last post was in 2010, but I have a question: did you do Way State Junior Year Munich at LMU? I was accepted into this program, but I am far from being fluent and thus I am growing increasingly nervous. If you have any advice please get back to me. Best, Blake

    ReplyDelete